Currently, there are many gaming platforms available out there. You can play games on your television screen or computer with Sony’s PlayStation, Xbox, Xbox One, etc. The Xbox is a video game brand owned by Microsoft.
It’s a gaming console capable of connecting to a television or other display media. Compared to PC Gaming, Xbox provides realistic graphics for games. Although PC is the most preferred way of gaming these days, it still can’t match the level of Xbox.
Xbox is indeed a great console for gaming, but many users are facing problems with it. Many users have reported Xbox Error Code 0x8007013d while installing, upgrading, or updating games on their Console.
What is Xbox Error 0x8007013d?
Microsoft Xbox Error 0x8007013d may occur for several reasons. The actual cause is still unknown, but it mostly occurs due to internet issues or corrupt game files.
Lots of users have reported Xbox Error 0x8007013d while installing games. The full error message reads –
“Something went wrong. Give it another try..”
Few reports say that the Xbox Error 0x8007013d mainly occurs due to buggy updates automatically installed on the Console. Because we do not know the exact cause of the error, we need to follow some of the basic steps to resolve it.
What Causes Xbox Error 0x8007013d?
Users might encounter the Xbox Error 0x8007013d while installing games. These are the most probable reason behind the Xbox Error 0x8007013d.
- Internet Connectivity Issues
- Server Outage or when the related services are down.
- Faulty or Invalid Mac Address
- Outdated or Slow DNS servers
How to Fix Xbox Error 0x8007013d
When the Xbox Error 0x8007013d occurs while installing a new game, you should follow the following methods. These methods should resolve the Xbox error.
1. Restart Your Xbox (Soft Reset)
It is recommended that you perform a soft reset of your console if you encounter Error 0x8007013d while installing the game. Below are the steps to perform a soft reset of your Xbox.
- First of all, press & hold the Xbox button on your Xbox One Controller or the Console. This will open the Power Center, pick the Turn off Console option.
- Once turned off, unplug the power support from your Console and wait for at least 2-3 minutes.
- Plug in the power supply to the Xbox console and turn it on.
After the restart, connect to the internet and install the game. The game should install without any error.
2. Check Xbox Server Status
Microsoft provides you with a web page to check the Xbox status. The page shows you details on the status of Xbox features and functionality.
The Xbox Error 0x8007013d can occur due to server outage. So, if you are getting the error message due to a server outage, you need to wait until the server issues get resolved.
During the server outage, you need to visit the Xbox Support page and expand all services to check if any internal service is down.
3. Clear the MAC Address
Many Xbox users have claimed to fix the Xbox Error 0x8007013d after clearing the MAC address. Although this is not a sureshot fix to the Error code 0x8007013d, you can consider changing the MAC Address. Changing the MAC address is pretty easy; just follow the steps as directed.
- Press the Guide button on your controller to open the Xbox Guide on your console.
- On the Xbox Guide, select Settings
- On the Settings, select Network Settings > Advanced Settings.
- Under the Advanced Settings, click on the Alternate Mac Address.
- On the Alternate Mac Address screen, select ‘Clear‘
Now you will be prompted to restart your Console. Restart your Console to apply the changes.
4. Change the DNS
Changing the DNS is another best option to fix Xbox Error 0x8007013d. Selecting the best DNS server will get better speed and frame rates while playing online games. Sometimes, the default DNS doesn’t work and leads to an Xbox error.
You should try this method if you use Xbox Console with Windows 10/11. Here’s how to change the DNS on Xbox or Xbox One Console.
- First of all, press the Xbox button to open the Guide.
- On the Xbox Guide, select Settings > All Settings.
- Now navigate to the Network Settings > Advanced Settings > DNS Settings.
- On the DNS Settings screen, select ‘Manual’.
- Now, in the primary DNS, enter 126.96.36.199, and on the secondary DNS, enter 188.8.131.52.
Once done, apply the changes and restart your Console. After the Restart, download & install the game on your Xbox or Xbox One Console again.
5. Remove Your Xbox Account
If all of the methods fail to fix the problem, you need to try removing and re-add the accounts on your Xbox or Xbox One Console.
- Press and hold the Xbox button to open the Xbox Guide.
- Navigate to the Profile & System > Settings > Account on the Xbox Guide.
- On the Account page, click on the Remove Accounts option.
- Select the account you want to remove and click on the Remove button again.
- This will remove the account from your Xbox console. Now you need to perform some of the simple steps below.
- Press and hold the Xbox button on the Console for at least 10 seconds. This will open the Power Center.
- On the Power Center, restart your Console and unplug the power supply. Now you need to wait for at least 3 minutes.
- After about 3 minutes, plug in the power supply to the Xbox console and turn it on.
- Now you need to add your account again. After adding the account, install the game again.
6. Remove Game Installation from the queue
Follow this method if you get the Xbox error 0x8007013d when you try to install any specific game. This will most probably fix the Xbox error code:
- First, remove the ongoing game installation from the queue.
- Once removed, you need to remove the disc from your Xbox console (If applicable)
- Now press the Xbox button to open the Xbox Guide.
- Navigate to the Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage Devices.
- On the Storage Devices, select Clear local saved games.
- On the confirmation prompt, click on the Yes and wait until the console restarts.
After the restart, install the game again. This time you won’t get the Xbox error 0x8007013d, and the game will be installed.
These are the general methods to deal with Xbox error 0x8007013d. If this article has been helpful to you, please share it with your Xbox friends. If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask in the comments below.