The best devices on the market are simple, smart, and do their job without much fuss. While smartphones and tablets are useful for many tasks, wearable technologies reduce the need to always have your phone with you. Instead, smartwatches allow you to stay up to date on notifications and alerts without always bringing your phone with you.
Smartwatches with eSim cards, built-in WiFi, and GPS have evolved into a viable alternative to smartphones. Apple, Samsung, Fitbit, Huwaei, and other manufacturers have released standalone smartwatches. These smartwatches accept eSIM cards and have strong microprocessors, so you don’t need a phone to enjoy them.
Apple was the first to produce fully autonomous smartwatches that did not require a constant connection with your phone. Several standalone smartwatches have now been introduced by Samsung, Huawei, and other market leaders. We’ve compiled a list of the top solo smartwatches on the market right now. Continue reading to learn more about them and how to select the ideal one for yourself.
Are There Any Smartwatches That Work Without a Phone?
There are several standalone smartwatches available that do not require a phone to function, and the list is growing by the day. Manufacturers such as Apple, Samsung, Fitbit, and Huwaei have built standalone watches with sophisticated microprocessors and eSIM cards. Smartwatches that include optional apps can also deliver weather, news, and social networking updates to your wrist.
These watches have GPS, Bluetooth, a music library, social media, and a plethora of other capabilities. You won’t even need to take your phone out of your pocket if you use your smartwatch to call, text, browse, and check notifications. With such incredible capabilities, we doubt anyone would want to leave their house without their wristwatch on their wrist.
What are the Best Standalone Smartwatches?
Because of the increased need for convenient and functional technology, the smartwatch market has recently heated up. The industry’s top manufacturers have been iterating to build the greatest smartwatch that offers unsurpassed comfort and a rich, engaging experience. With so many companies in the industry competing, several models have already emerged as clear leaders. Let’s take a look at the top solo smartwatches available right now.
1. Apple Watch Series 5
The Apple Watch Series 5 (available on Amazon) is a fantastic product with a beautiful look and exceptional performance. With many stylistic changes, a longer battery life, and improved fitness sensors, it blurs the barrier between tech and style.
In terms of internals, the inbuilt eSIM should enable you to connect to any network without the need for a traditional SIM card. Its user-certified GPS will allow you to explore destinations with turn-by-turn navigation and traffic information for reliable direction. With the new ECG and heart monitor, this wristwatch can also save your life.
- Widescreen and smooth dial makes it easier to interact with the interface
- Siri Onboard to support voice interactions
- Now has ECG monitor (for people above 22)
- Noise alert to notify you of increasing background noise
- Menstruation tracking app
- eSIM support to enable cellular calling
- Integrated with Apple pay for convenient shopping
- It needs an iPhone to set up SIM card services, doesn’t support any other network
- A bit pricey
2. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 BT
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (available on Amazon) is a worthy performer with excellent features and performance. It has a 1.2-inch Super AMOLED display that is sharp, bright, and brilliant; it also supports LTE and eSIM. Furthermore, spinning the dial to scroll across panels and menus makes interacting with the UI simple.
To set reminders, make calls, or message friends, the Samsung watch is integrated with Bixby. It features sleep and ECG tracking, in addition to health and fitness.
- Latest Tizen OS 5.5 for faster performance and integrated Bixby AI assistant
- Multi-touch display with rotating bezel for scrolling through different menus
- Integrates with Samsung Pay to let you make payments using the watch
- Integrated sleep tracker to track hours spent on sleeping
- Compatible with both android and iOS devices
- ECG tracker only available with Samsung smartphone
3. Huawei Watch GT 2
The Huawei Watch GT 2 (available on Amazon) sports a bright, edge-to-edge 1.4-inch 3D glass screen display with a 14-day battery life. It’s an excellent choice for anyone searching for a standalone smartwatch.
It is equipped with GPS and GLONASS for connectivity and tracking. Furthermore, the watch is connected with the Huawei Health app, allowing you to use it independently or in conjunction with a smartphone app to track your fitness journey.
NFC payment and third-party app connectivity are further highlights. To enhance your experience, you may now add and download apps from the Google Play store.
- Huawei Karen A1 chip minimizes battery usage and saves it for up to two weeks
- Integrated Huawei Health to track daily activities and monitor heart rate
- NFC support for convenient shopping
- Alerts for calls, messages, and notifications over Bluetooth connection
- Compatible with both Android and iOS devices
- Integrated Google Play store to download compatible apps