What Are Shrubs or Bushes in ACNH?
A continuation from the previous chapter, New Leaf, shrubs are a hybrid of trees and flowers. Even though it takes a few days for each shrub to mature and flowers only appear during certain times of the year, the bush itself is evergreen and will remain so throughout the year.
Where Do You Get Shrubs?
Leif sells shrubs when he visits your plaza. As of the 2.0 update, you can visit Leif every day on Harv’s Island to buy more bushes, though the variety he has available will only change weekly.
When Do Bushes Flower?
Each bush or shrub has two flower varieties available (except for Holly) and will flower only during specific times of the year.
Here is a complete list of the bushes available in New Horizons and their flowering times:
A. Azalea (Pink/White)
- Northern Hemisphere | April 11 to May 31
- Southern Hemisphere | October 11 to November 30
B. Camellia (Pink/Red)
- Northern Hemisphere | January 1 to March 31
- Southern Hemisphere | June 16 to September 30
C. Hibiscus (Red/Yellow)
- Northern Hemisphere | July 21 to September 20
- Southern Hemisphere | January 21 to March 20
D. Holly (Red)
- Northern Hemisphere | November 1 to December 31
- Southern Hemisphere | May 1 to June 15
E. Hydrangea (Blue/Pink)
- Northern Hemisphere | June 1 to July 20
- Southern Hemisphere | December 1 to January 20
F. Plumeria* (Pink/White)
- Northern Hemisphere | June 1 to September 20
- Southern Hemisphere | December 1 to March 20
G. Tea Olive (Orange/Yellow)
- Northern Hemisphere | September 21 to October 31
- Southern Hemisphere | March 21 to April 30
*Plumeria was added in the 2.0 update. Leif sells them, and you can also find them growing on islands during Kapp’n Boat Tours. In the Happy Home Paradise DLC, you can get one each day for free once you’ve designed the school.
ACNH Shrubs & Flora Color Guide
It was created by the Twitter user @handxmade, and it is an extremely useful tool for colour coordinating different areas of your island. You are able to determine when the shrubs will bloom as well as which flowers complement them the most. Plumeria is not included in the guide because it was written before the ACNH 2.0 update and therefore does not reflect the changes made to the game.
Ninty Gamer is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site we may earn an affiliate commission.
For more such amazing and latest updates stay tuned with us at Perfecttechy.com